• Home Page


    Special Event Permit Process

    What kinds of events require special event permits?

    Events that are open to the general public and take place within the public right-of-way or are located within a park would be coordinated through the special event permit process. Typically, these events require permits, licenses and approvals from several City departments depending on the size and nature of the special event.

    How do I get a permit to hold a special event in Pasadena?

    To initiate the special event permitting process, please complete the “Special Event Inquiry Sheet” available online at www.cityofpasadena.net/events. Email the completed inquiry sheet to . Please note that the acceptance of your applications should in no way be construed as final approval of your event. The City of Pasadena requires that event applications be submitted at least 6 weeks in advance of the proposed event date. Events with major impacts must be submitted 9 months in advance.

    What happens after I submit my special event permit application?

    Once your Inquiry Sheet has been received by the Special Events Office you will be contacted to discuss your event proposal. Copies of the application will be distributed to all city departments impacted by your event. A coordinating meeting may be held to clarify questions and ensure that you are meeting all of the requirements of the special event permitting process. During the coordinating meeting you will be notified if your event requires any additional information, permits, licenses or certificates.

    If an event is on private property, what kinds of permits do I need?

    A special event permit is not required for events that take place on private property. Depending on the nature of the event, various permits may be required including the following:

    If you will have food sales please contact the Health Department for a Health Permit at (626) 744-6064.
    If the food vendor is using open flame or cooking equipment, please contact the Fire Department for an Open Flame Permit at (626) 744-4668.
    If you will have tents a Tent Permit is required from the Permit Center at (626) 744-6777.
    If you are using amplified sound you must adhere to the City’s noise ordinance regarding hours of amplified sound and sound decibel limitations.
    Please contact the Police Department’s Event Planning Section at (626) 744-4623 if you would like to hire Police Officers for your event. You may also contact the Watch Commander at (626) 744-4501 the morning of your event to notify them that the activity is taking place.

    How do I get a permit to hold my wedding or private reception at City Hall?

    Please contact the Public Works Department for date availability, reservations, and applications for City Hall events. Public Works can be reached at (626) 744-4195.

    How do I get a permit to take wedding or private photography at City Hall?

    Personal wedding photography does not require a commercial film permit, however professional photographers are required to have a business license. For further information, please contact Business License at 626-744-4166.  


    How can I become a vendor at a special event?

    Vendors interested in participating at a special event must contact the event sponsor or promoter directly and apply to be a vendor at their event. Contact information for event sponsors/promoters can be found on the events calendar at www.cityofpasadena.net/events. Once you’re accepted to be a vendor at a special event, you must apply for a business license from the Business license Office.

    How can I become a vendor at the Rose Parade?

    Vendors interested in vending during the Rose Parade must apply for a New Year’s Vendor Permit which can be obtained from the Business License Office at (626) 744-4166.

    What kind of permit do I need to complete for a neighborhood block party?

    Neighborhood block parties require a Public Right-of-Way Permit Application from the Public Works Department 744-4195.

Water Usage Gauge