PUBLIC INVITED TO ZERO WASTE WORKSHOP & OPEN HOUSE AUG. 22
PASADENA, Calif.—The public is invited to attend an upcoming informational Workshop and Open House on Wednesday, Aug. 22 to help develop the City’s new Zero Waste Strategic Plan. The City began working with businesses and residents earlier this year to help identify the policies and programs that will be needed to reach the goal of Zero Waste by 2040.
Attendees are encouraged to participate and provide input on potential measures gathered through the planning process. The informational Workshops and Open House will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., at La Casita del Arroyo, 177 S. Arroyo Blvd.
The schedule for Aug. 22 is:
- 9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.—Presentation to Businesses on potential Zero Waste policies and programs
- 10:00 a.m. to Noon—Open House with information and opportunity for attendees to provide input on program, policy and facility options
- Noon to 1:00 p.m.—“Zero Waste 101” Presentation
- 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.—Open House with information and opportunity for attendees to provide input on program, policy and facility options
- 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m..—Presentation for Community / Residents on potential Zero Waste policies and programs
Achieving Zero Waste includes recycling, but there is also an emphasis on waste reduction. Community participation is critical for developing a plan that works for all Pasadena residents, businesses and institutions. Your input is vital!
If you cannot attend, provide input by completing a “ZW Options” survey found online at www.cityofpasadena.net/PublicWorks/Zero_Waste_Pasadena_2040.
For more information regarding the workshop contact Gabriel Silva, Environmental Programs Manager, (626)744-4721, email@example.com.
For more information about the City of Pasadena, go online to www.cityofpasadena.net.
# # #
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 17, 2012 #056-12
NEWS MEDIA CONTACT: William H. Boyer, Pasadena Public Information Officer, City Manager’s Office, (626) 744-4755, firstname.lastname@example.org