GREEN AWARD NOMINATIONS DUE APRIL 3, 2013
PASADENA, Calif.—Are you a “Green Superstar” or do you know somebody who is? The City of Pasadena wants to publicly recognize local businesses, non-profits, schools, artists and individuals who have demonstrated outstanding efforts to improve Pasadena’s environment.
Applicants may nominate themselves or another party may nominate them. Green City Award applications must be received by 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 3. Application forms are available online at www.cityofpasadena.net. Click on the “Green City Awards Application” on the homepage under FYI Pasadena.
Completed award applications may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (626) 744-7085. You may also mail applications to: City of Pasadena, Department of Public Works/SMIWM Division, Attn: Gabriel Silva, P.O Box 7115, Pasadena, CA 91109.
For more information regarding the Green City Awards contact Gabriel Silva, Environmental Programs Manager, at (626)744-4721, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2013 Green City Awards will be presented during the Earth and Arts Festival on April 20. The award program includes eight categories:
• Energy—conservation, alternative energy generation/purchasing
• Waste Reduction—reducing, reusing, recycling, composting
• Urban Design—green building, urban planning, green jobs
• Urban Nature—tree planting, habitat protection, litter abatement
• Transportation—clean vehicles, congestion reduction, public transit
• Environmental Health—toxic reduction, organic foods, air quality improvement
• Water—conservation, pollution prevention, waste water reduction
• Innovation/Start-up—new concepts or ideas, trail blazers
For more information about the City of Pasadena, go online to www.cityofpasadena.net.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 15, 2013 #025-13
NEWS MEDIA CONTACTS: Stacy Houser, Department of Public Works, (626) 744-4452, email@example.com, or William H. Boyer, Pasadena Public Information Officer, City Manager’s Office, (626) 744-4755, firstname.lastname@example.org