HOLIDAY SAFETY TIPS
1. Do not buy a dry Christmas tree.
2. Never put a tree near a fireplace or heater.
3. Do not throw any kind of wrapping paper into a fireplace.
4. Never burn your tree in a fireplace.
5. Use caution when using candles. Keep them away from combustible decorations, small children and pets.
6. Check holiday lights for frayed cords or missing bulbs before you use them.
7. Turn off holiday lights prior to leaving your home.
8. Make sure your Christmas tree has plenty of water and has not been placed too close to a heat source or anything that gives off sparks.
9. Know how to call 9-1-1.
10. Know how to "STOP, DROP and ROLL".
11. Make you your have working smoke detectors.
12. If you have a fireplace, make sure you have a spark arrestor.
13. Place a screen around your fireplace when it’s not in use.
Have A Safe Holiday Season
From The Pasadena Fire Department
Dennis J. Downs, Fire Chief