Many home appliances get an extreme workout each summer. Before yours become exhausted beyond repair, upgrade to an energy-efficient model (and trim your energy bill!) while cool rebates are still available.
The California Cash for Appliances program is offering cash back when you buy select Energy Star appliances and recycle your old ones. Launched on Earth Day this year to help stimulate the economy and encourage energy efficiency, the rebate program was extended until funds are depleted – which could be very soon. The state has received more than 35,000 applications for rebates on qualifying refrigerators ($200), high-efficiency clothes washers ($100) and room air conditioners (up to $50).
Pasadena Water and Power offers excellent rebates year-round on a number of energy- and water-saving appliances, many of which also qualify for the state rebate. As part of its longstanding local economic stimulus efforts, PWP gives bonus “buy local” rebates when you buy qualifying products from a Pasadena retailer. Here’s a list of some of PWP’s most popular rebates:
• Pool pump – up to $225 plus a $50 “buy local” bonus
• Energy Star refrigerator – up to $140 plus a $50 “buy local” bonus
• Energy Star room air conditioner – up to $60 plus a $25 “buy local” bonus
• Shade tree – up to $50 plus a $10 “buy local” bonus
• High-efficiency (HE) clothes washer – $200
• Weather-based irrigation controller – $150
Rebate amounts are subject to change at any time. Visit www.cityofpasadena.net/rebates for the most up-to-date information and applications, including product eligibility and program requirements.