The Pasadena Public Health Department offers more than 30 clinics and special programs, educates the public, writes policies that promote good health and builds a strong network of health professionals and community coalitions.
• Eat healthy and stay active! For presentations such as “Rethink Your Drink” and “Defensive Dining,” call 744-6163.
• Pregnant women and moms who have just given birth can tap into a range of services through our Prenatal Clinic. For details or to schedule an appointment, call 744-6125.
• WIC (Women, Infants and Children) provides food coupons, nutrition education, referrals and more. 744-6520.
• Breathe Clean Pasadena! For details on the city’s no smoking policies or tobacco education call 744-6057. Kick the habit by calling (800) 662-8887 (NO BUTTS).
• Black Infant Health Program offers case management classes and support to at-risk pregnant and parenting African American women and their families. 744-6133.
• HIV/Sexually Transmitted Infection Program offers medical services, testing, classes and more, and is an approved AIDS Drug Assistance Enrollment Site. 744-6140.
• The Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Program offers a court-mandated drinking and driving program and more.
• The Immunization Clinic provides vaccines, prescription consultations and tips for anyone who plans to travel abroad. 744-6121.
For a full list of services in English and Spanish, visit www.cityofpasadena.net/publichealth or call 744-6000.