To assist visitors and residents planning to attend the 124th Rose Parade and the 99th Rose Bowl Game on January 1, 2013, the Pasadena Convention & Visitors Bureau will staff its toll-free Hotline from Dec. 28 until Jan. 2, 2013. The Hotline number is (877) 793-9911. Event attendees can also go online to www.VisitPasadena.com for more information.
Pasadena Public Safety Officials offer these helpful reminders for persons to safely attend the Rose Parade:
• Small, professionally manufactured barbeques elevated at least one foot off the ground are allowed on the parade route, but must be 25 feet from buildings and other combustibles. A fire extinguisher must be readily available.
• Minors under the age of 18 may be on the parade route from 10 p.m. to
5 a.m. only if they are under the supervision of adults.
• Dress for cold weather. Children and seniors may need extra layers of clothing to avoid hypothermia.
• Tents, sofas and boxes of any type that can be used as stools or seats are prohibited along the route. Unoccupied chairs are not allowed.
• Fireworks and bonfires are strictly prohibited
• No items may be sold along the parade route without a permit. It is illegal to buy, sell or give away horns on the parade route.
• No public areas – sidewalks, curbs, gutters, streets, ramps – may be cordoned or roped off. No ladders or scaffolding may be used as elevation for viewing the activities.
• Pets are not recommended along the parade route because they are easily frightened with sudden, loud noises.
• Throwing any projectile into the parade, including seemingly harmless items such as tortillas, marshmallows, flowers, etc., is prohibited. Silly String and similar products are prohibited as well.
• Celebrate responsibly; always designate a driver.