Mayor Bill Bogaard, Councilmember Steve Madison, Fire Chief Calvin E. Wells and City Manager Michael Beck cut the ribbon to celebrate the rededication of Fire Station 39 following its $2.9 million seismic retrofit and renovation.
The 4,400-square-foot Fire Station 39 is one of the oldest of the City Fire Department’s eight stations and was originally constructed in 1949. The seismic retrofit and extensive interior remodel work was completed to comply with California earthquake and ADA (Disability Act) standards, as well as historic preservation in conjunction with Pasadena Heritage, www.pasadenaheritage.org.
The facility became operational Dec. 16, with Engine 39 and four firefighters. The temporary station on Glen Summer Road with Rescue Ambulance 39 has been taken out of service.