The land on which Central Park is located was purchased by the city of Pasadena in 1902. The park’s boundaries are Fair Oaks Avenue, Del Mar Boulevard, Raymond Avenue and Dayton Street. The park currently includes lawn bowling courts and clubhouse, picnic areas, a rose garden, children’s playground, benches, restrooms and drinking fountains. The existing master plan was adopted in 1989. City staff in the Parks and Natural Resources Division of the Pasadena Public Works Department worked with a group of park users and stakeholders to develop the proposed revisions, which will be used as a guide for future improvements at the park. Proposed revisions include simplifying the existing master plan for the north third of the park including a smaller version of a planned formal garden/plaza, elimination of the bandstand and east/west walkway from the center of the park and reserving a new location for a possible replacement lawn bowling court after the north lawn bowling court is removed from the park; adding more picnic tables to the park; erecting a decorative fence along the Del Mar Boulevard frontage; enlarging the playground area; adding new concrete walks and other improvements to the existing south lawn bowling court that is to remain in the park; and adding a picnic area with decomposed granite under the oaks in the middle of the park. An initial environmental study recommending a Negative Declaration has been prepared. The Initial Study finds that any potential impacts will be less than significant. On July 18, 2006, the Recreation and Parks Commission conducted an advisory review of the proposal for consideration. The Design Commission conducted an advisory review of the proposal on August 14, 2006 and on January 22, 2007 the plan was presented to the City Council for informational purposes only. On July 16, 2007 the City Council approved the master plan and adopted the Negative Declaration. For more information about this plan, please contact the Customer Service Center at (626) 744-4321.