Here, as in the Humanities Wing, jarring pieces of unmatched furniture were replaced by new oak tables and chairs which are exact copies of the 1927 originals. Most of the library's original oak and wrought iron tables, chairs and other furniture, repaired and refinished thanks to the PPL Foundation's successful fundraising work, are actually still in use.
Particularly noteworthy in this room is the beautiful stairway. This leads down to a former storage area which was opened for public access as part of the restoration project and houses the Library’s periodicals, microform, and federal and state government documents.
The narrower set of stairs which lead up to the balcony over the Information Center Desk are original to the building. The stairs which lead down to the Microform and Periodicals Center and documents collections were built by hand in 1989 as entirely new construction. Most patrons think the entire stairway is original construction - a compliment to the remarkable craftsmanship of the carpenters who worked on the restoration project.
The Community Bank Business Room was dedicated on June 21, 1990, and houses an extensive business collection, which is a specialty of the Pasadena Public Library. The Business collection is the most heavily used subject collection in the Library. The room was named in honor of Community Bank which underwrote the restoration.